Friday, December 16, 2011

We did it!!!

After 12 months of trying and trying and trying, I am overjoyed to tell you that God has blessed us!!  We weren't sure it was ever going to happen.  2011 has been a stressful year for us -- with selling a business and taking over another business, 4 homeowner's claims including house floods and burglary, flaky tenants in rental properties...  The stress couldn't be good for conception, but we continued to try month after month.

When you're trying to get pregnant and are having difficulty, it seems like everyone around you is getting pregnant.  Our cousins both conceived this year as well as my receptionist.  I tried to be happy for them, but inside I just wanted it for myself.

We looked into adoption and weighed the pros and cons.  Adoption was an option, but we so badly wanted a baby with our own gene makeup.  After countless ovulation kits and pregnancy tests, our dreams became reality.  On December 8, 2011 my at home pregnancy test was a very faint positive.  I tested again on the next day, and again...a very faint positive.  Good enough for me!  We're pregnant and and we couldn't be more excited!!




At four weeks pregnant:

No comments:

Post a Comment