Thursday, February 2, 2012

Bed. Rest.

Just when I thought I was having the world's easiest pregnancy... :) 

I started bleeding while disciplining an employee at work on Monday.  Stress -- Who needs it? 

I went to my doc first thing in the morning Tuesday and was diagnosed with a pinched previa placenta.  I then went to a high risk dr later that day for my genetic testing and he informed me that it was more complicated than JUST a pinched previa placenta.  I have a tear and a large blood clot.  If the tear gets any bigger, the placenta will separate and I will miscarry.  So... I'm on 10 days of bed rest.  ::sigh::

Bed rest sounds relaxing, right?  Wrong!  Tuesday at 10:30am the Internet in my whole office went down.  It won't be back up until tomorrow.  So...I'm running an 85 employee office from my bed.  I've never worked such long hours in my life.  Hopefully, this will prove to my boss (who lives in Connecticut and is very hands off) that I'm capable of running this office from my home.  Then, when the baby does come, he'll let me work from home.  (Fingers crossed.)  I don't want to quit my job when the baby comes, but I also don't want our little munchkin to go to daycare. 

On a positive note, the NT fold scan looked good.  The baby doesn't appear to have any chromosomal defects.  My blood test results will be back on Monday.  The bleeding has stopped and I'm not having any major pains.  The support and love I've received from family, friends and employees has been AMAZING.  I feel so blessed that so many people have love for us and are praying for us.

It was beyond amazing and such a RELIEF to see our little baby dancing around.  He's quite the mover and shaker!  Yes, I said HE.  We QUASI found out the sex.  The baby showed us his goods and he appears to be a little BOY.  The doctor won't say 100%, but I know what I saw!

So...my Dance Mom career will have to wait.  I think everyone knows how much I would LOVE to have a little girl.  Dance was such a HUGE part of my life growing up and I'd love to share that with my daughter.  Our little ballerina will come...later.  Right now, we're just focused on bringing a HEALTHY baby into this world!

Stay strong, Lane Daniel.  Mommy and Daddy love you and are praying for you!!

Thank you, EVERYONE, for your love, prayer and support.  It means the world to us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment